Monday, December 10, 2012

NJ RN Application Process

(I made this.)

I have lived in New Jersey now for 3.5 months. Do I have an NJ nursing license yet? Umm.. No. Have I submitted my license application? Yes. Almost three months ago. This state is crazy when it comes to licensing. I am originally licensed in a different state. After passing my NCLEX, I had a license the next day. What a difference now! Who else knows where I am coming from?

Day # 1- sent in the 19 page application

waited. 
waited. waited.
waited. waited. waited.

Day # 14 - emailed the BON of NJ asking about progress. No reply.
Day # 17 - telephoned the BON of NJ asking about progress. "It takes about 30 business days to process an application from when we receive it in the mail. Call back in two weeks."
Day # 31 - telephoned again, "Sorry, we don't have you in our system yet. Call back in a few days."

Then Hurricane Sandy happened.

Day # 55 - email & telephone asking about progress... no reply.
Day # 57 - notice the check from my application fee was deposited.
Day # 60 - receive letter from BON of NJ with info about getting fingerprinted for the background check.
Day # 64 - get fingerprinted for the background check, lady tells me "You will receive your license in the mail 3 weeks from today"

Day #74 - decide living in NJ is not working out (unrelated to the licensing process) & move back to the state I am already licensed in.

Still waiting for the NJ license.

So much for that process.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share


You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...