Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Today's Letters {Nursing Edition}



Dear Kam, last night you brought me "shower cookies." Only my true love would know how much I love eating Thin Mints while washing the day's C.diff & other people's stool from my skin!

Dear patient with end-stage ALS, your sense of humor astounds me. Although you can't talk & can't move, you still found countless ways to make fun of me during my shift. I am inspired to be a more positive person. Thank you.

Dear stethoscope, I am still learning how to use you, and I think you are playing tricks on me. Either way, you make me look like a fool when trying to listen to the lung sounds of my patients. Please stop changing the way you go into my ears.

Dear 10-hour-shifts, why do you exist? Why do you call yourself 10-hours, when it is actually 10.5? Why not just be 12 hours and get it over with? I was intrigued by you before, but now I find you annoying.

Dear Mr. Toews (who gets two letters), thank you for volunteering to sleep in our walk-in closet on nights I have to wake up early. Your dedication to making my shifts the best they can be is amazing. [just know you never have to sleep in the closet]

+The idea for this post came from one of my favorite blogs called Today's Letters+
+Check it out+

1 comment:

Share


You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...